September 9, 2008

RSS Feeds

I've been using RSS feeds for a long time now, though it was only recently that I realized I was doing so. I've been downloading podcasts for a few years now through iTunes.
Recently I started using my Mac's Mail program and it was with this that I really started using RSS feeds. It makes it so easy that all you have to do is add a url and you have a feed. You can also choose a bookmark directly from your browser's bookmark folder!
Bloglines is a little less convenient than this, since you have to go online and log in to use it, as opposed to having it built into my email program. But overall it is very easy.
The only problem: I don't want to subscribe to 10 feeds! I'm just not interested at the moment. I have used CMLs feeds and I love the feature. I've gotten in at the very top of lists, as well as found out about recent books for authors who don't publish very often.
So I like RSS feeds and the CML ones rock, but I think I'll stick with the few I have in Mail.

No comments: