August 29, 2008

Lifelong Learning

Okay, so I'm a bit behind in the L&P, but at least I'm working on it, right?
We were given a link to a presentation onSeven and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners and asked to talk about what habits are easy and hard for us. The program is a little hokey, but the habits make sense.
The most difficult habit for me would have to be having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. Even though I work hard and can be a very effective learner, I sometimes find myself doubting my ability to effectively learn a new skill or subject. It usually works out, but that does not keep me from being overwhelmed by the task of learning something new from time to time.
One habit that comes easy to me is mentoring/teaching others. Almost as much as I love learning new skills, I love teaching others how to do the same. It is immensely satisfying knowing that you have passed on information that will let someone do something they've never done before.
But in the end, my favorite habit is the last one, 7 1/2, which is to have fun! What's the point in learning if you can't have fun doing it? I am most definitely having fun with the L&P, which is amazing since I'm getting paid for it.
Here's for getting paid to have fun!

No comments: