August 19, 2008

A Non-typical Experiment

Let me just be upfront about this: I hate blogs.
I have absolutely nothing to say and so why create one? Not that this has stopped millions of others, but still, I have some standards.
However, CML is doing something totally unexpected and which I want to participate in. The downside: I have to create and update a blog in order to do it.
What are they doing, you may ask? They are jumping on the Library 2.0 bandwagon in a way that no other library is doing, and that's by allowing all staff, not just information staff, paid time to play with all of those great tools out there. And not just throwing them to the wolves either, but providing some structured learning for them to work with.
So even though I have to create a blog, I say it's a necessary evil in order to get even more experience in a subject I feel quite strongly about.

1 comment:

Joy in Digital Services said...

I can understand your opinions about blogging, but I think it's really great that you are participating! I hope that this program is really rewarding and FUN for you. :)